2.02.2010

Countdown to March 13...and Other Important Dates

We finally have a moving date. After months of construction, mistakes, more construction, more mistakes, our house is close enough for the builder to give us a closing date! We are all set to close the second week of March with a move-in date of March 13. It would be earlier if it weren't for the trip to the Olympics and then my work trip/girls' weekend to NYC. But those are fun, too. So it's hard to complain too much.

I can't wait to be in the new house. Moving in with my brother-in-law's house has been very helpful financially and timewise. But, I've learned the importance and comfort of having your own space...especially when you're out of that transient college student mindset. As much as I'm ready for my own space again, I'm also ready to see our furniture and new purchases in the house and even more ready to get Murph back from my parents. My mom is already putting up a fight to keep Murph. It must be the extreme shedding, constant barking, and weight issues that have made my mom melt and want this dog 24/7 for life. Mom may put up a fight; but, Murph is definitely moving back to live with us. Here's some new house photos for the two of you who actually visit my blog. Enjoy and check back here in 3 weeks or so for Olympics photos! We got another set of tickets (downhill skiing), bringing our total to four events. We should have some great photos and video.

Countdown from February 2
Olympics Trip: 11 days
NYC Trip (Work): 26 days
NYC Trip (Girls' Weekend): 30 days
Moving Day: 39 days



1 comment:

  1. ooh, looks beautiful already... I can't wait to see it finished... I want to see pictures of every detail! :)

    Your trips sound like so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete