2.11.2010

Snow Day!

This has been the hardest spring semester of work I can remember. Mentally and physically. My body just aches and feels run down and it's only February. Jim and I leave for the Olympics on Saturday. But by Tuesday of this week, I just needed a break. My students were all praying for a snow day and the forecasters said it was possible. Call me a cynic (or a Texan); but, I just didn't believe it was possible. Sure enough. I awoke to a text message this morning saying that school was closed. When I went outside, there was already 2 inches of snow that had fallen overnight. By mid-day, we had four inches. And now (6:53pm), we're sitting somewhere around 6.5-7 inches of snow...not Texas snow (ice)...but real snow. And, they expect it to snow until at least midnight. Sitting here alone all day, I couldn't help but put my creative energy to work. Click below to see a little movie I made. I like to call my movie "Ode to Snow Day" or by it's real title "How I Spent My Snow Day: A Web Film by Kim Turner." Members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, watch this and weep! Cinematic genius.


UPDATE: For some reason, the videos quit working while we were gone to the Olympics. I will troubleshoot this once we get moved and settled in the new house. I'll get them back up soon.

3 comments:

  1. Stroke of genius!! That video had Kim written all over it. HAVE A GREAT TIME in Vancouver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. REAL snow! Love the mini movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it - all we got was rain - too creative kimmy!

    ReplyDelete