
Perhaps you've seen it on TV and thought to yourself..."Why would anyone do that." We'll, that's what I thought every time I saw the P90x commercials. For those of you who are not familiar with P90x, here's what their website says:
P90X® is a revolutionary system of 12 sweat-inducing, muscle-pumping workouts, designed to transform your body from regular to ripped in just 90 days. The secret behind the P90X system is an advanced training technique called Muscle Confusion™, which accelerates the results process by constantly introducing new moves and routines so your body never plateaus, and you never get bored! Whether you want to get lean, bulk up, or just plain get ripped, there's an endless variety of ways to mix and match the routines to keep you motivated the full 90 days and beyond!
Sounds like fun, right?
For a while now, I've been complaining about how my healthy eating and 3.5 mile per day runs are not cutting it. I don't know if it is turning 30 or just being married; but, I've been packing on the pounds. So, Jim made me a challenge -- let's live on the edge and do P90x together for 90 days...eating and exercise plan. I didn't believe him, as he is not the workout type...until one day when the 12 videos and hundreds of dollars of equipment arrived.
We started the plan Wednesday, September 1. The first week was terrible. All we can eat is small portions of lean protein, almost no fruit, and very few veggies. I'm vegetarian at times, making this a huge challenge. I've basically been living on egg whites, turkey bacon, and grilled chicken. Gross. The workouts have been terrible, too. Every day is at least one hour, some are 90+ minutes. They consist of things like one hour of push ups and chin ups; one hour of jumping; and 90 minutes of extreme stretching. Not to mention tons of weights. We can't move. The other night, we both laid in bed unable to even roll over to kiss goodnight. This is rough, people.
But there have already been results. I didn't take measurements before the program. But, I always know my weight. I am proud to say that in just one week, I've already shed 3-4 pounds. My goal is only 8 pounds, so I am pumped. My clothes fit better (I've lost probably 1/2 a size). I look better. I've discovered muscles that I never knew I had. I hate every minute of this; but, you can't argue with results.
Jim says we are going to do this for the rest of our lives. I think I can survive it once a year (although, I will never undertake something like this during the fall knowing my work schedule) with a little more open-minded diet and a little less rigorous exercise for the rest of the year. We'll see. If we survive this 90 days, we're going to talk to some companies about installing a pool at our house. Our yard is a challenge for a pool; but, we'll at least investigate. The pool coupled with the weight loss is my motivator. I'll post updates on my weight and clothing size.
Stay tuned. And, if you want to join us in the P90x challenge, let us know. We'd love to have friends to talk to about this "experience."

No comments:
Post a Comment