We just completed three weeks of P90x. We've done really well -- doing every workout and following the eating plan pretty closely. We have allowed ourselves some small food splurges. But, even our splurges have been smaller than normal portions. After just one week, I dropped between three and four pounds. I've since added to that total, bringing me down a total of six pounds (and one notch on my belt). My goal is eight to ten pounds, so I feel like I am well on my way. Jim is doing really well, too. He has been eating very healthy and working hard. Having almost no body fat means that he's getting ripped. I know he is proud of himself and feels much healthier.
On a whole, we're glad we are doing this. The workouts are miserable. Either they are physically demanding or just long (which is mentally demanding for me). But, the weight loss and toning has been worthwhile. Now, if I can just drop the last few pounds, I can fit in my "skinny" pants again.
Stay tuned for more updates. I don't expect too many results from this week (as it is a slow week designed for muscle recovery). But, I expect with 9 more weeks left that we should see some more results as time progresses.
9.24.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yay, Kim! Good for you both. I'm impressed.
ReplyDelete