1.12.2010

The House...Saga

Building a house is a relationship-breaker. So we've been told. I never really believed that little piece of wisdom. Now I do. Jim and I are fine. Our builder and us are not. Below are some photos. The house looks great. "Looks" being the key word. Brick, stone, cabinets, granite, and painting was done last week. We literally lack(ed) landscaping, touch up paint, some final trim, light fixtures, and flooring. Our closing/moving date was the first week of February. Until Jim and I started noticing some things. Come to find out, our brick is crooked on three walls and our sink/plumbing is in the wrong place in the kitchen. Little things we can live with. Crooked brick and a sink without any counter space is unliveable. So, as we speak they are chipping break off our house and tearing out our kitchen. We are now looking at a move-in date around the second week of March. At least our house will be right.

No comments:

Post a Comment