It's official...I'm the world's worst blogger. I get frustrated when friends of mine don't post frequent updates. Yet, it takes me an average of six weeks to make updates myself. I give myself a grade of "F" for terrible.
We've been super busy. After the Olympics, I went to NYC for a week to speak at a conference. While I was gone, Jim closed on our new house. Just three days after I got back, we moved, and we moved, and we moved some more. If I never see boxes, clear tape, and newsprint again, I'll be happy. We've now been in the house a month. We only have a handful of boxes left and we're starting to entertain. It still feels like we live in a model home; but, it is becoming real that this place belongs to us (not one of us...both of us).
Besides settling in, we've been trip planning. Y'all know we can't stay still for long. In just about a month, we will be spending 2 weeks on our own and with my family in Europe. We plan to see Amsterdam, Prague, Munich, Salzburg, Venice, and Rome. I LOVE TO TRAVEL! I am getting so antsy just thinking about the adventures. My dream is to quit work, travel, write, and take pictures full time. Frommers and Rick Steves, are you reading this? You should hire me. There is just something about unique experiences that just gets my blood flowing. On this trip, I am eagerly looking forward to riding Segways in Prague (in Neta's honor); seeing the house where Anne Frank and her family hid; paragliding again in Germany (if the weather will cooperate); and seeing the look on my parents' faces when they see Europe for the first time. The Sistine Chapel, Vatican, Grand Canal, gelato, and pizza are also at the top of my vacation priorities. As usual, we'll take lots of pictures and video and will post it after the trip.
I still owe y'all a video of the Olympics. It's been slow in the making because of the move. I've started it and I promise it is coming. Stay tuned!
4.26.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment